147 Years of Women in Service to Women and Children
Welcome to the United Methodist Women’s web site. United Methodist Women have been in existence for over 147 years. Our purpose is to be in mission where ever there are women and children in need, in our country and around the world. We have circles that meet once a month for study and action of these needs, for spiritual enrichment and celebration of Liturgical Events. Also, through out the year special events are held. ALL WOMEN ARE INVITED TO ATTEND.
The DECEMBER 2017 newsletter is available here.
CHRISTMAS POTLUCK LUNCHEON – December 9 at 11:00am
The Christmas Potluck Luncheon will be held on Saturday, December 9. at 11:00am. We will gather at 11:00am and the program will begin at 11:15.Our guests will be Pastor Cho and Hyesook; they will share Christmas in Korea.Lunch will be served after the program.There will be Christmas carols, election of Officers followed by their Installation.
You are asked to bring any of the following needs for Second Story (formerly Alternative House): Baby monitors, Vacuums (3), Printer paper, Wipes, Full size mattress protectors, Mops, Hand soap, Brooms, Trash bags, Body wash, Canned Soup.
Child care is available. Please contact the church office – firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-938-8700.
We look forward to seeing you at the Luncheon!!!!
VIRGINIA CONFERENCE and ARLINGTON DISTRICT EVENTS
- January 27: Arlington District Training Day at Community of Faith on Franklin Farm Rd., Herndon. From 9 AM to Noon. Bring your ideas and/or your questions and we will work together to grow with God our Rock eternal. (*NOTE: Snow Date February 3)
- February 10: Arlington and Alexandria Districts Day Apart @ TBA
- March 10: Annual Spring Prayer Breakfast at Wesley United Methodist Church.
- April 20 – 22: Conference Spiritual Life Retreat @ E Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center, Lynchburg, VA. The retreat leader is Rev. Dr. Teresa Smith. The theme is Finding Peace Through the Psalms
SAVE THESE DATES
- December 9 – UMW Christmas general Meeting and Potluck Luncheon – Fellowship Hall
- December 31 – Fellowship Time
LOOKING AHEAD TO JANUARY
- January 27 – Arlington District UMW Training Day
Come join us!