149 Years of Women in Service to Women and Children
Welcome to the United Methodist Women’s web site. United Methodist Women have been in existence for over 149 years. Our purpose is to be in mission where ever there are women and children in need, in our country and around the world. We have circles that meet once a month for study and action of these needs, for spiritual enrichment and celebration of Liturgical Events. Also, through out the year special events are held. ALL WOMEN ARE INVITED TO ATTEND.
The December 2018 newsletter is available here.
CHRISTMAS COVER DISH LUNCHEON – December 8 at 11:00am
The Christmas Cover Dish Luncheon will be a Church-wide Celebration held on Saturday December 8th at 11:00 am. We will gather at 11:00 am and the program will begin at 11:15. Our guest will be David Meyer. David was raised in Wesley UMC, author of the book, “Pilgrimages of Faith: histories of the churches in the Vienna, VA community” and presently the Mayor of Fairfax. In honor of the United Methodist Women’s 150 Anniversary, he will share about the history of Wesley UMC as it relates to the Town of Vienna. Lunch will be served after the program. There will be Christmas carols, election of Officers followed by their Installation.
You are asked to bring any of the items listed on the Lamb Center web site.
- 2 – UMW Cookie Sale
- 8 – Christmas General Meeting Potluck Luncheon
- 16 – Fellowship Hour (Coffee Hour)
- January 26 – Arlington District UMW Training Day
- March 9 – Bi-District Birthday Bash – Mt. Olivet UMC
- May 3-5 – Conference Spiritual Life Retreat @ Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center, Lynchburg, VA
- May 18 – Arlington Spring Prayer Breakfast @ Centreville UMC
Come join us!