150 Years of Women in Service to Women and Children
Welcome to the United Methodist Women’s web site. United Methodist Women have been in existence for over 149 years. Our purpose is to be in mission where ever there are women and children in need, in our country and around the world. We have circles that meet once a month for study and action of these needs, for spiritual enrichment and celebration of Liturgical Events. Also, through out the year special events are held. ALL WOMEN ARE INVITED TO ATTEND.
The February newsletter is available here.
CIRCLE MEETINGS for February:
For February, the Sunday Morning Circle will meet on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 10:00am in the Church Lounge (downstairs on First floor). Contact: Janet Keener with any concerns.
Evening Circle will meet Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 7:30pm in the Church Library. Contact: Jean Feeney with any concerns.
The program for February will be How the Light Gets In. The Objective is “that United Methodist Women will understand how the light within us expands our hope for a more just world.” An alternate program may be A Call to Prayer and Self-Denial 2020 We Rise: Meeting God’s Call to Transform Communities. Its Objective for the program is to “shine a light on the many ways members of United Methodist Women have changed the lives of women, children and youth on the margins through their gifts to A Call to Prayer and Self-Denial.” These objectives are from the United Methodist Women Program Book 2019-2020.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
ARLINGTON DISTRICT SPRING PRAYER BREAKFAST
- Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Time: 9:00am – Noon
- Location: Andrew Chapel UMC
- Speaker: Michelle Holmes Cheney, Arlington District UMC Office
- Be sure to mark your calendar and save the date for the Arlington District Spring Prayer Breakfast!!!
- 2 – Sunday Morning Circle – Church Lounge – 10:00am
- 6 – Evening Circle – Church Library – 7:30pm
- 17 – Executive Team Meeting – Church Library – 7:00pm
- 1 – Fellowship Hour
- 1 – Sunday Morning Circle – Church Lounge – 10:00am
- 5 – Evening Circle – Church Library – 7:30pm
- 16 – Executive Team Meeting – Church Library – 7:00pm
- 21 – Arlington District Spring Prayer Breakfast @ Andrew Chapel UMC
Come join us!