Wesley United Methodist Church is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that is meeting the spiritual needs of the Vienna community. We are located at 711 Spring Street SE, Vienna, Virginia 22180, at the corner of Spring Street and Moore Avenue.
If you are seeking a church home which encourages:
- Caring and supportive fellowship
- An active and devoted prayer life and study of scripture
- Support for local and world missions
- An open, responsive awareness to the presence and power of God’s Holy Spirit
Come join us!
Sunday Worship at Wesley
- 8:45am – Higher Ground Contemporary Worship – Fellowship Hall Wesley’s contemporary service features contemporary Christian songs, led by our praise band in a relaxed and friendly setting. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, and join us as we sing, pray, and worship together. We share communion on the first Sunday of each month. Children are joyously welcome, and there will be a simple, fun children’s message. Child care is available for children under four years of age.
- 11:00am – Traditional Family Worship – Sanctuary Wesley’s 11:00am service features traditional hymns sung by our choir and accompanied by our organist. Our Sanctuary is a peaceful place to connect with God and our friendly congregation. We share communion on the first Sunday of each month. All are welcome to worship, including children, and we also offer Sunday School and child care.
Sunday, February 25
During this 40 days of intentional journey toward holiness and transformation, Wesley invites you to a sermon series, “Seven Proclamations.” Jesus left seven last words while he was hung on the cross. Even if it was his last words before death, those words were not his wills. They were Jesus’ powerful proclamations—the essence that summarizes his teachings through his life. Looking into each proclamation every week, we are going to try to find out what Jesus truly wanted his disciples to remember before they would be left alone. Would you join us in listening to the words from the cross?
On Sunday, February 25, Pastor Cho's sermon will be “Today You Will Be in Paradise.” Two thieves were killed by the side of Jesus. While one rather chose to condemn Jesus’ powerlessness, the other asked grace at his last breath. And he was promised the paradise. Probably he made one of the best choices in the human history.
We have several options for children during worship services at Wesley:
Children are always welcome to attend and participate in our services. Our ushers have children’s bulletins that contain activities for the children. If desired, they can also pick up a canvas worship bag (located in the basket under the bulletin & coffee table during the 8:45 service, and in the basket behind the greeters in our Narthex at 11:00). They contain coloring books, crayons, note pads, books, and Legos. After worship, please return the bag, but keep any paper “masterpieces” your child has made.
Sunday School is held during our 11:00am service. All preschoolers through 5th graders will meet in the Sanctuary at 11:00am. After the Children’s Message, teachers will escort them downstairs to rooms 102 & 104. Parents should pick up children from their classrooms after the service. If your family chooses not to send your child to Sunday School, please know that children are also warmly welcome to sit with their parents!
Children under the age of 4 who do not wish to attend worship are welcome in our nursery, found in room 105. The nursery contains both an infant room and a toddler room (divided by a gated half-wall) and is staffed by two adult caregivers.