Wesley United Methodist Church is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that is meeting the spiritual needs of the Vienna community. We are located at 711 Spring Street SE, Vienna, Virginia 22180, at the corner of Spring Street and Moore Avenue.
If you are seeking a church home which encourages:
- Caring and supportive fellowship
- An active and devoted prayer life and study of scripture
- Support for local and world missions
- An open, responsive awareness to the presence and power of God’s Holy Spirit
Come join us!
Sunday Worship at Wesley
- 8:45am – Higher Ground Contemporary Worship – Fellowship Hall Wesley’s contemporary service features contemporary Christian songs, led by our praise band in a relaxed and friendly setting. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, and join us as we sing, pray, and worship together. We share communion on the first Sunday of each month. Children are joyously welcome, and there will be a simple, fun children’s message. Child care is available for children under four years of age.
- 11:00am – Traditional Family Worship – Sanctuary Wesley’s 11:00am service features traditional hymns sung by our choir and accompanied by our organist. Our Sanctuary is a peaceful place to connect with God and our friendly congregation. We share communion on the first Sunday of each month. All are welcome to worship, including children, and we also offer Sunday School and child care.
Hurricane Relief at Wesley
Many people’s lives recently are devastated by the recent hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Along with our fervent and heartfelt prayers, Wesley is seeking for some ways to be a help and support for those suffering the aftermath.
Please join us by making monetary donations to UMCOR, United Methodist Committee on Relief, which is currently working with disaster coordinators and early response teams to provide relief in Texas and Florida. Click here to make donations. You may also send a check to the church office by making a note “hurricane.” Please note that 100% of your generosity will go to the sole relief purpose.
Also, if you are a certified ERT (Early Response Team), you may want to join the team through this page. At this point, as the team is working at multiple dangerous sites, only the certified folks can participate. For further missions about long-term recovery, please stay tuned.
Most of all, all your prayers are great helps. Please continue to pray for the victims, survivors, their families and friends, and all who are aiding in rescue. Thank you for being the channel of God’s grace!
Sunday, September 24
On Sunday, September 24, Pastor Cho will continue sermon series on Faith Within the Storms. Sunday's lesson will be "The Christian Karma."
We have several options for children during worship services at Wesley:
Children are always welcome to attend and participate in our services. If desired, they can pick up a canvas worship bag from the large basket behind the greeters in our Narthex. They contain coloring books, crayons, note pads, and books. After worship, please return the bag, but keep any “masterpieces” your child has made.
Sunday School is held during our 11:00am service. All preschoolers through 5th graders will meet in the Sanctuary at 11:00am. After the Children’s Message, teachers will escort them downstairs to rooms 102 & 104. Parents should pick up children from their classrooms after the service. If your family chooses not to send your child to Sunday School, please know that children are also warmly welcome to sit with their parents!
Children under the age of 4 who do not wish to attend worship are welcome in our nursery, found in room 105. The nursery contains both an infant room and a toddler room (divided by a gated half-wall) and is staffed by two adult caregivers.